Monday, March 22, 2010

When Hailstorms And ThunderStorm came togather







The rare occasion today made me feel like write this blog and share my experience to you all. Today, the first ThunderStorm and also the first Hailstorm of this year came togather, which causes massive damage to City of Perth. It happens at 4pm and d sky just changed drasticly that it turns dark within minutes. Announcement has been called off and everyone were told to stay indoor. The storm, which comes with hail(big ice cube) falling from the sky, and great wind and thunder + rain. I was shockes as i came out from the library and saw whole field was covered with ice and the leaves and branches were scattered everywhere on the path.

Hahax...this is a rare and incredible event for me. Windows and some roof got damaged by the hails and winds. 4 power substation was struck by lightning and gone down which causes massive blackout in Perth. Me too was affected. I came home so late which tooks me 2 hours of travelling as the traffic gone down in the city and part of the road was flooded. I also heard that the few ducks in my uni was dead as the ice cube hit them. LOL!! Im not exaggerating! Posted some photos and the news link here, have a look!


http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa/6962748/new-storm-warning-for-perth/

No comments:

Post a Comment